Court Expert Witness
NAS & Associates Provide Professional Legal Services in Dubai UAE .
Copyright is the exclusive legal right of an owner of the creative work. In simple words, copyright is the right to copy or to reproduce. Copyright registration in UAE gives creators of original work the right to reproduce or further use the work usually for a limited period of time.
Trademark Registration is one of the most effective and indispensable systems designed for business owners to protect the identity of business products. According to UAE Federal Law No. 37 of 1992 on Trademarks
Patent registration in the UAE is governed by Federal Law No. 31 of 2016, promulgated by Law No. 17 of 2002 on Regulation and Protection of Industrial Property of Patents, Industrial Drawings and Designs. As per this legislation
NAS & Associates Provide Professional Domain Dispute Services in Dubai UAE .
First and foremost process to protect the brand in the UAE is to register a trademark with the UAE Ministry of Economy by filing the application with the trademark office
Read Our Blog or Follow Us on Social Media.
NAS & Associates is a Trademarks & Patent Agent which was founded in 2009 by Nour Saleem (L.L.B), a specialist in IP and an a well-known Registered Trademark & Patent Agent at UAE Trademark & Patent Offices.Contact us now
NAS & ASSOCIATES – Business Avenue Building, Office 309 P.O.BOX 99264
Phone: +971 4 2948144 Fax: +971 4 2948155.
- Open on Mon. - Fri.8:00 - 19:00
- Contact for Consultationnas@naslaw.com
- How much does it cost for trademark registration in UAE?
- Trademark Registration Cost in UAE including the Emirate of Dubai Application Fees AED 753 = USD 210 Publication Fees AED 753 = USD 210 Local News Paper Publication fees AED 503 = USD 136 Registration Fees upon Expiry of the Opposition Period AED 5003 = USD 1360 Legalization of the POA if the applicant is foreigner USD = 50 Professional Fees Please contact us at email@example.com
- How Long Does it take to register my Trademark in UAE as well as internationally ?
- It is very hard to predict the time frame to obtain Trademark registration in UAE and international level, but in general in UAE it takes from 3 to 8 months from the filing date to be registered
- If the Trademark registered the protection will be applied from the date of obtaining the Registration in UAE?
- Once the Trademark registered the protection will be applied from the filing date of the application note from the registration date of the obtaining the Certificate of registration
- What is the validity of the Trademark registration in UAE & internationally?
- As per the UAE Trademark Law, the Trademark protection will be valid for 10 years from the date of filing
- What is domestic violence?
- Maecenas viverra sapien felis, elementum semper ante interdum et. Sed condimentum vel lorem id tempor. Sed convallis eu eros at vulputate. Nam non quam nulla. Donec lobortis, turpis id imperdiet vulputate, ante sem aliquam enim, id dignissim enim est eu erat. Mauris vulputate facilisis nisl, eu varius magna ullamcorper ut. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.
- What are the benefits of a registered trademark & what if it did not?
- Many clients in UAE And Internationally asking this question namely when the matter is the cost of filing Trademark Registration, and their budget is not enough However, having a trademark registered on the Trademark Office provides several advantages: Serves as notice to the public of the registrant's ownership of the trademark. Establishes a legal presumption of your ownership of the mark and your exclusive right to use the trademark nationwide on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the registration. Enable the owner to bring a legal action against infringement of the trademark in the competent court. Trademark Registration will enable the registrant to license or Mortgage the Trademark to third parties
- Many clients also ask what if I did not register my Trademark and Trademark Office?
- The disadvantage of not registering your Trademark is the following: - You are marketing a Trademark that you do not have an official document showing that it belongs to you. You may develop a Trademark is not registerable and you will discover later that the competitor can use, so when you file Trademark, the examiner will inspect the register ability of the Trademark as it may reflect geographical indication or it may descriptive mark or it may be infringe third parties rights If your non registered Trademark became well know and any third party registered your Trademark this will cause damages to your business and will be out of the market for long term till you settle the dispute and accordingly you will lose you market share You lose the chance to stop infringement from third parties through administrative bodies as well as enforcement bodies. You will lose business opportunities by licensing the Trademark to third parties
- Does Trademark Protection in UAE protect me in other GCC countries or worldwide?
- No the protection will be limited to UAE Jurisdiction including seven emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Um ElQuween, Ras AL Khaymah & Fujairah)
- Does the protection in UAE Trademark office cover the Emirate of Dubai ?
- Yes the Trademark protection in UAE will cover the seven emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Um ElQuween, Ras AL Khaymah & Fujairah)
- What Is Nice classification and in which class do my products fall ?
- The Nice Classification (NCL), established by the Nice Agreement (1957), is an international classification of goods and services applied for the registration of Trademark and service and it is consists of 46 classes and it is divided for goods from class 1 to class 34 and from class 35-46 is services, i.e perfuems fall in class 3, medicine in class 5 mobile phones in class 9, gold in class 14 foods in class 29 & 30 and i.e. of service financial in class 36 legal services in class 45 UAE Trademark office is adopting 10th edition of Nice classification, however you still need consultant advice about the specific class required for your goods and services
- Does the UAE Trademark Office adopt a multi-class system like EU Trademark application?
- No the Trademark office in UAE does not adopt multi classes system, and the applicant required to file single application for each class, while many countries adopting multi classes system like EU Trademark office and US Patent & Trademark Office and the applicant is entitled to claims all the classes in the same application and this will reduce the cost for the applicants
- Does it mandatory to proof the use of the Trademark in the process of Filing Trademark application in UAE and GCC ?
- It is not required in UAE Trademark office as well as GCC and Arab Countries to proof of use or to reflect that the goods and services are in commerce during the process of the Trademark application
- What if the Trademark owner did not use the Trademark after the registration in UAE?
- If the Trademark Owner did not use the Trademark for five consecutive years , his registration will be subject of cancellation form any third party
- Can I transfer my Trademark to a third party as per UAE Trademark law and internationally?
- All the regulation all over the world as well as UAE allow the Transfer of the Trademark registration to third, and the difference is only the procedures and the cost whiles it is required legalized Deed of Assignment as well as POA from the assignee, it is simpler in USA and EU trademark office and simply signed Deed of Assignment is enough
- What is the process to stop third parties from infringing my Registered Trademark in UAE?
- There are several measures to enforce your rights against third party infringement and each emirates adopted several measures to protect the IP rights namely Trademarks. i.e. in Dubai the Trademark Owner has the options to file administrative case to Dubai Economic Department as well as to Dubai Police – Economic crimes as well file lawsuits at Dubai Courts